- Your technology startup has an innovative solution to an important global problem, for example healthcare, ageing population, climate change, finance, cyber security or education.
- You have at least one woman on your founding team (no sole founders please), with relevant experience and a strong vision for the future of your business.
- You have a working product, business model and market traction. For B2C businesses and marketplaces, we would expect to see revenue.
- You are well aware of your competition, clearly differentiated from it and with good barriers to entry, eg proprietary technology or knowledge.
- You are addressing a very large global market and can articulate how you will return a minimum 10X to investors within 3-7 years.
- You are UK business with a £0.5 - £3m pre-money valuation and eligible for SEIS and/or EIS tax relief.
- You are raising £150,000-£1,500,000 of equity investment.
- You are able and willing to work with external advisors.
HOW WE WORK:
Pitch events. We run quarterly angel “Studios”. At these events our angels hear pitches from 4 startups that have come through our screening process. Each company has 10 mins to pitch, 10 mins for Q&A and a chance to network informally with the angels at the end of the evening.
Screening. Prior to each Studio event, several angels from the group review the applications to pitch received and help us decide who will pitch to us. This process helps ensure relevance to the domain expertise and interests of our group, a good fit with our existing portfolio companies and our criteria.
Pre-meet. Shortlisted companies are required to attend a pre-meeting with us prior to the pitch event. This is a chance for us to meet, give you some background to the group, share any feedback from screening and help you fine-tune your pitch.
Fees. We charge a 5% success fee on all investment raised plus reasonable legal expenses if appropriate.
We invest in great teams who are innovating in areas that excite us. We like businesses that are relevant to our experience and contacts and complement our existing portfolio, but we also enjoy learning about new technologies. Areas of interest include: fin tech, health tech, ed tech, big data, IoT, digital media and cyber security.