Entrepreneur Academe is a 9 month mentoring programme for women tech founders supported by the City of London and powered by the Angel Academe community of mentors, advisors, angel investors and partners including Thomson Reuters.
Through monthly meetings covering the different aspects of growing a tech business, the programme offers participants a combination of peer-mentoring and accountability, frequent opportunities to present as well as access to and practical support from business leaders with a wide range of skills and expertise.
Who should apply?
- Applications are invited from ambitious, women founders - CEOs or CTOs preferred.
- Your technology startup has an innovative solution to an important global problem, for example healthcare, ageing population, climate change, finance, cyber security or education.
- Your business must be based in the City of London or one of the 5 neighbouring boroughs (Hackney; Tower Hamlets; Southwark; Lambeth; Westminster; Camden or Islington).
- We will accept applications from up to 2 founders (both female) per company.
- Applicants should have a commercial product or service, at least at prototype stage or in development, with good proof of concept or traction and excellent market potential.
Selected companies are likely to have:
- Small but experienced teams (approx. 2-10 employees) with a strong vision for the future of their business
- An innovative and scalable product or service relevant to a large global market
- A clean capital structure
- The ability to work with external advisors
Application Process and Timelines
Applications will be reviewed by the Entrepreneur Academe team and a selection panel made up of some of our mentors. Overall, selected companies are those who we believe will gain the most from taking part in Entrepreneur Academe.
Applications are currently closed.
Entrepreneur Academe runs from April-Dec. Applications will open again in Feb 2017. Please sign up to our newsletter to receive updates.
Announcing our 2016 Entrepreneur Academe cohort
A huge thank you to our judging panel who joined us in the unenviable task of deciding who to accept on to Entrepreneur Academe this year. We had a large number of really high quality applications and after much debate and deliberation, we selected the following:
Headliner connects live musicians, bands and DJs directly with event planners to book for corporate events and private parties.
Drum Roll HQ creates story-driven games that teach children the skills which are essential for success in the digital era.
Grub Club is on a mission to enable anyone to set up a restaurant anywhere. They do this by connecting talented chefs with underused spaces, in order to create unique dining experiences in spaces you never knew existed.
Pilio provides energy analytics to businesses and households seeking to make energy and cost savings.
Mush – loosely described as tinder meets NCT (with less one night stands and less breathing exercises), mush connects mums with other local mums.
Congratulations to all of them! We’re looking forward to supporting them over the next 9 months.