Angel Academe is committed to respecting your privacy and the privacy of every one of our service users. The information we collect about you will be used to fulfil the required services and enable us to improve how, as an organisation, we interact with you.
The Data we collect and how we use it
Investors and potential investors (our “network”)
If you sign up as a potential investor we collect the following information:
- email address
- LinkedIn profile
- How you heard about Angel Academe
- Self-certification as a high net worth individual as defined by FMSA
We use this information in order to communicate with you about upcoming events and investment opportunities.
If you are a company founder applying to pitch to Angel Academe, we collect the following information:
- Company name
- Company website
- email address
- UK business address
- A brief company description
- A description of your product or service
- Your team make up
- Your existing shareholders and their shareholding
- Your business model
- Your previous year’s revenue
- This year’s revenue
- The size of your addressable market
- Your intellectual property status
- Previous fundraises
- SEIS and EIS status
- Your own investment in the company
- How you heard about Angel Academe
- Links to your company presentation in PDF and video format
We collect this data using the lawful basis of Legitimate Interest. We use this data to assess your applicability for our screening process. Data may be shared in confidence with our network of investors and potential investors.
When you sign-up to one of our monthly newsletter we collect the following data:
- Email address
We use this information to contact you via our monthly newsletter which contains information about upcoming events for entrepreneurs and investors, as well as news from our partners and portfolio companies.
How we store your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Collect anonymised data about the number of visitors to pages, so we can improve the website and ensure that content is easy to find and engaging.
- To remember your preferences, for text sizes, for example. This information is processed anonymously.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you register to attend one of our events we will use your personal information to process your application to attend the event, take payment, if any, and send you updates or information regarding the event. Our legal basis for doing so is to fulfill the agreement with you for your attendance. The information collected may include your name, email address, company affiliation, address, and payment information. We use Eventbrite as the registration system for most of our events and their servers are based in the United States and may store and process your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If you buy a ticket for an event we will use third-party payment processing organisations to take your payment. These organisations will be the data controller of your information for the purpose of processing the transaction, and may involve your information being processed outside of the EEA. Please read their terms and conditions before completing your payment.
We do not share any of this personal data with third parties, with two exceptions:
- companies that host our networking events often require a list of attendees for security and to enable you to gain entry into their buildings;
- we provide paper copies of the list of attendees to everyone who comes along to our events. We find it helps to support networking.
In both cases, the attendee lists provided show name only.
Your personal data is yours and you have rights over it, including but not limited to:
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- the right of access to your personal data
- the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- the right to have your personal data erased
- the right to block or suppress the processing of your personal data
- the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
- rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual)
If you have any questions or would like to manage your data, then please contact us.